Saturday 21 April 2007

PROUD DAUGHTER

Jasmine asked if she could wear it to school as soon as it was finished. Fortunately it just fits her! I deliberately chose a unisex design so it can be passed down through the ranks. I couldn't have persevered if I was knitting something that wasn't going to be worn or used, it's the whole point. My Mam spent most of her life knitting, and I think I'm just carrying on the tradition. She did try teaching me to knit once, but gave up saying that I'd never have the required patience. Personally, I think that was a coverup for the fact that she didn't have the patience to teach me!

3 comments:

Ang said...

I think teaching adults is much easier than children, where children have the enthusiasm to learn, they don't have the patience, adults are vice versa.

forgottenpoet said...

yes there's definitely something in that, when I was a kid there was no way I'd have had the patience to sit knitting all day!

Artis-Anne said...

I agree teaching children is way harder. As you may see on my profile piccie I am trying to teach my daughter to knit there but it was some years later that she got the hang of it