Sunday 6 May 2007

2ND COMPLETION

A jumper for Billy, new son of our friends Steve and Ruth in Crewe. I started knitting on the day he was born and he's now a little over 3 weeks, so let's hope it fits him! I enjoyed knitting this and only went wrong twice (coincidentally in roughly the same place on each sleeve) - in retrospect I would have picked something with a more varied pattern, this got a bit monotonous towards the end, but I'm happy with how it looks. Had problems sewing the parts together - I think my edges are a bit ragged, and it's impossible to see what the sewing looks like from the inside.

2 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

I love the colour combo and I think its lovely ; congratulations. I can't believe its only your second knitted garment , very impressive :)
I think its great that you both knit . Hubby and I spend evenings spinning and listening to music and nattering and I love it but why do folks think its odd that a man enjoys these things !! We do get funny looks when we take our wheels with us in the motorhome and sit outside spinning !!

Kath said...

Congrats on the lovely knits - great colourwork there and fantastic to think it's only your 2nd ever item you've knitted! Lovely to see a shared hobby and lovely to see another man knitting - keep up the good work!